Energy Work Exercises
With the current intense energies of the collective, it's important that we all begin to heal and learn to work with our own energies so we can have a positive impact on the collective and prevent the collective from having a negative impact on our own energy bodies. Here are some step by step guides on energy work techniques that will allow you to begin accessing and healing your energy body.
1. Sit in a comfortable position with your back straight.
2. Place your left hand, palm up, on your left knee and your right hand, palm down, on your right knee.
3. Close your eyes and focus on your breath for a few minutes (this doesn’t need to be long at all)
4. Bring awareness to the center of the palms without removing focus from your breath (your palms are essentially a secondary focus)
5. Sit in this focused awareness for as long as you like. You may begin feeling tingling or warmth in the palms of your hands
Explanation: The left palm is the receiver of energy, while the right palm is the giver of energy. We focus on our breath to “breathe in the universal energy” and allow it to enter our bodies. It may take a few times practicing this to actually feel anything but eventually the sensations in your palms will come. After mastering this technique, you can begin moving your right hand to different places in your body to facilitate healing or moving stuck energy.
*Tip: While focusing on your breath, or even before starting, recall a memory or feeling of gratitude and love. This is one of the highest vibrational emotions we can experience and so it allows us to connect deeper to the universal energies.
1. Again, sit in a comfortable position with your back straight. You can place your hands in the same positions as before if you feel called to do so.
2. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
3. Bring awareness to the right side of your body (mainly your back)
4. Recall a time when you felt safe and protected
5. Allow this feeling of safety to rise up through the right side of your body
6. Sit with this feeling, allowing it to fill you
Explanation: The right side of the body is controlled by the left side of the brain, the logical (masculine) side. The masculine is the energy of protection and safety. As you breathe in, you may begin to feel or notice tension or pain in this side of your body. Focus in on these locations and breathe into them with that masculine sense of safety that you’ve began cultivating. If you don’t have a memory of this, you can envision a being (your masculine inner self or masculine ancestor) standing over you like a shield, protecting you from the external world.
1. Sit in a comfortable position with your back straight and focus on your breathing.
2. Bring awareness to the left side of your body
3. Invoke a memory of feeling nurtured and comforted. If possible, bring forward the feeling of unconditional love (few people have experience with this true emotion so it’s not necessary)
4. Allow the nurturing feeling to rise through the left side of your body
5. Take note of anywhere you feel pain and begin to breathe into that spot with loving, nurturing awareness.
Explanation: As mentioned before, the left brain is the masculine, so the right brain, and left side of the body are the feminine (creative) side. The feminine energy is that of nurturing and comfort. This is the Divine Mother’s Love, and can be beneficial if not crucial to healing any other wounds we may encounter in our lives. This is because the Divine Mother lets us know that no matter what mistakes we may have made or what experiences we have gone through, she loves us unconditionally and will always be there to support us. Having that support gives us the strength to tackle even our toughest demons.
We all have masculine and feminine energy within us and often carry wounds that are associated with these energies. It’s important to become aware of them and heal them so we can raise our vibration and find peace within ourselves.
*Bonus Tip: You can call upon your healthy masculine or feminine ancestors to help support this healing. The image of supportive and nurturing hands touching your back can be powerful in this healing process. You can also become aware of the chakras that are nearest to the pain you experience during this energy work and begin to work with those chakras to induce additional healing and support.
Now that you have some tools, get to work! *she said lovingly*